Arcachon bay is a lagoon of 250 square km. open to the ocean. There are many very interesting places such as:
- The Dune of Pilat, 2,700 meters long and 105 meters high (the highest european dune)
- The sandbank of Arguin, between the Dune of Pilat and the Ocean
- The bird-island, a natural island in the middle of the bay
- The Leyre delta, where salt water and freshwater meet
- All oyster fishing villages, all arount the bay
This is also the main diving area for Bordeaux divers. The two main dive sites are Hortense and Saint Yves, but many other places are also interesting (great quantity of Sea Horses !).
Advanced divers will dive out of the bay on several wrecks, such as Le Chariot.
This is an interactive map! Use controls to pan and zoom this map.
Your favorite dive site isn't listed ? Add a dive site
Show all (0)...
Be the first to comment this country
You can edit this page to correct errors or add new information. If you have any problems regarding this page, Send us feedback.
Wannadive.net on your mobile
Newsletter All news by email
Friends of Wannadive